“Powers blends the best elements of yoga, Buddhism, and traditional Chinese medicine in Insight Yoga: Heaven and Earth.”
— Yoga Journal
- Practice Overview (9 min): A short presentation on the principles of Insight Yoga with further details about each practice on this DVD.
- Practice 1: Grounding Down (55 min): A series of standing and balancing poses that encourage lower-body groundedness, followed by fluid movements to decongest stagnancy in the back and shoulders. This practice helps maintain a healthy spine.
- Practice 2: Spiraling the Universal Chi Down and In (31 min): Seated twists and core strengtheners that increase circulation along the spine and abdomen.
- Shamata Meditation (20 min): A breath-focused meditation to develop a relaxed and stable quality of non-distracted attention that cultivates ease of being.
- Vipassana Meditation (18 min): A mindfulness practice to disengage from the habits of mental reactivity and develop an alert, inquisitive attitude leading to insight.
- English subtitles are available via the setup menu for this DVD.
- This DVD content is not available for digital download.
Please contact us if you should have any questions.